You may be able to get a student loan in Prince Edward Island if:
- You are a PEI resident;
- You are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant/permanent resident (Record of Landing required);
- You are a full-time student at a designated post-secondary institution
Your credit history will be checked if this is your first application and you are 22 years of age or older.
You are a resident of Prince Edward Island if:
- You established residency in PEI as a single dependent student and have not spent 12 consecutive months in another province;
- PEI is the most recent province in which you have lived for the last 12 consecutive months and, during this time, you were not a full-time student; or
- You established residency in PEI based on your spouse’s employment while you were married and chose to remain here to study after your relationship ends.
You need only one application to get funding through both the federal and provincial program. Your application will not be processed until you send all documentation and all appropriate signatures.
You can apply for a student loan or check your student loan status by first creating an account in the Student Financial Services Online Tools.
Once you access the Student Financial Services Online Tools, you can apply for a Student Loan.
You can contact Student Financial Services for more information or to ask questions about student loans:
Student Financial Services
176 Great George St., P.O. Box 2000