To receive the George Coles Bursary, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You are a student who meets PEI residency requirements as stated in the Provincial Student Loan criteria (you do not require a student loan to receive this award);
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) or a protected person within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) and with a valid Social Insurance Number;
- You are enrolled in post-secondary education for the first time, which leads to your first degree, diploma or certificate at UPEI, Holland College, Maritime Christian College, or Collège de l'Île;
- You have not earned a certificate, diploma, or degree from any post-secondary educational institution;
- You have not previously gotten the George Coles Bursary for the same year of study, as determined by your post-secondary institution.
- You provided your Social Insurance Number to your educational institution;
- You are enrolled full-time (nine semester hours or 20 hours of instruction per week) for a period of at least 24 continuous weeks;
- You are not gotten a tuition subsidy through Skills PEI and the Labour Market Development Agency.
If you are enrolled in an articulated program or a non-traditional program stream, contact Student Financial Services for specific eligibility criteria related to your program of study.
You do not have to apply for this award. The award will be credited directly to your school account in January (UPEI and Maritime Christian College) or February (Holland College and Collège de l'Île) and fully released after you have been enrolled for 24 continuous weeks, usually by the end of February.
For more information contact:
Student Financial Services
176 Great George St., PO Box 2000
Telephone: (902) 368-4640
Fax: (902) 368-6144