You may be able to get help from the Seniors Home Repair Program if all of the items below are true:
- You are 60 years old or older when you apply;
- You are a PEI resident (have a PEI Health Card) and a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Your combined income is $50,000 or less;
- The property is your main residence and you are living in the home;
- You are an owner of the property or have a life interest in the property;
- Your property value is $300,000 or less
- You have not met the maximum grant through previous applications to the PEI Home Renovation Programs.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
To apply, download and complete the PEI Home Renovation Programs application.
Sign the declaration acknowledging your understanding of the program rules and sign the CRA consent section (in the application) authorizing proof of income.
Prioritize your requests (in the application) to renovations that meet your greatest need, as funding is limited. Any incomplete applications will not be processed.
Send your completed application to PEI Home Renovation Programs (PEI HRP):
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (902) 368-3394
- In person or by mail: Sherwood Business Centre, 161 St. Peter’s Road, Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
- Or drop off at any Access PEI location.
Have questions about the program?