You may be able to receive help under the Seniors Housing Program if one of the situations below is true for you:
- You are aged 60 and older, or
- You are 55 and older and have a disability.
Tenants are selected based on need. A rating system is used to determine which applicants have the greatest need.
Assessments are based on:
- Your income.
- Your assets.
- Your health.
- Your age.
- Your present housing.
The local housing boards select tenants based on the availability of a vacant unit appropriate to meet your need.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Apply for Seniors Housing Online. The application should take you about 15 minutes and you will need to provide:
- Your current contact information.
- Your date of birth.
- Your PEI Health Card number.
Once your application is received a housing staff member will contact you to schedule an in-home interview with you.
Housing Services staff reviews all applications and considers your housing conditions, income, housing costs, age, health, and any special circumstances for each applicant.