You may be able to receive help under the Seniors Independence Initiative if:
- You are 65 or older;
- You live independently or with a spouse;
- You have a net household income of up to $26,500 for a single person or up to $34,000 for a couple - as defined by line 236 on CRA Notice of Assessment;
- You have combined assets not greater than $100,000 (this does not include your home, land and vehicles).
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Notice of Assessment
A statement from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to each taxpayer, every year, after you have filed a tax return. It tells you the amount of income tax you owe, or the amount of the refund you will get.
To apply, download the Seniors Independence Initiative application or pick up a paper copy at any Access PEI Office. Please call 1-877-569-0546 for help in filling out the application.
Once your application is received a staff member will contact you to figure our your needs.