You may be able to receive help under the Seniors Safe @ Home Program if:
- You are 60 years old or older when you apply;
- You are a PEI resident (have a PEI Health Card) and a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- The your and your spouse’s (if you have one) combined income is $50,000 or less;
- The property is your main residence and you currently live in the home;
- You, your spouse, or family member own, or you have a life interest in the property; (rental properties are not eligible).
- You have not met the maximum grant through previous applications to the PEI Home Renovation Programs.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number - Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
To apply, download and complete the PEI Home Renovation Programs application.
Sign the declaration acknowledging your understanding of the program rules, and sign the CRA consent section (in the application) authorizing proof of income.
Prioritize your requests (in the application) to renovations that meet your greatest need, as funding is limited (see maximum grant scale below). Use the Seniors Safe @ Home Self Assessment Guide to help figure out your needs. Any incomplete applications will not be processed.
Send your completed application to PEI Home Renovation Programs (PEI HRP):
- Fax: (902) 368-3394
- In person or by mail:
Sherwood Business Centre,
161 St. Peter’s Road, Box 2000,
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
- Or drop off at any Access PEI location.