To get help from the for the Assistance for Pregnant Minors program:
- You must be 18 years of age or younger.
- You must be at least 20 weeks pregnant.
- You have a referral from a local community service centre (CLSC)
- You reside in Quebec.
You must not be living:
- With your parents.
- With someone who has custody of you.
- In a resource covered by the Act respecting health services and social services.
- These include: rehabilitation centres, foster homes and foster families
Proof of birth
A document with first name, last name, and date of birth. For example:
- Birth certificate or birth registration
- Hospital record of birth or record of the physician/nurse/midwife who attended the birth
- Record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Citizenship certificate
- Note of decision or temporary resident’s permit issued under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Certificate of Indian status card
- Provincial identity card
Proof of legal status
A document showing citizenship or immigration status in Canada. For example:
- citizenship certificate
- confirmation document
- record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence;
- permanent resident card
- visitor record
- temporary resident permit
- study permit
- positive notice of decision
- verification of status document
- registration date with Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- foreign passport
Proof of income
Pay stubs, pension statements (Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security), rental property income, income tax returns, income tax notice of assessment, business/rental/farming income, disability or veterans affairs pension, child and spousal support payments, GST credit.
A document that is sent by your bank (usually every month) that lists all of the transactions for your bank account during that month.
Step 1: Find a local community center.
- Use your postal code or name of your region to find a local community service centre (CLSC)
Step 2: Get the local community service center tracking sheet.
- You will need to have the CLSC Follow-Up Sheet – Financial Assistance for Pregnant Minors (SR-2438A) (PDF 114 Kb) from the CLSC, signed by the CLSC worker in charge of your file.
Step 3: Fill out your application for financial assistance.
- You will need to fill out the Application for Financial Assistance - Financial Support for Pregnant Minors form (SR-2437A) (PDF 146 Kb).
Step 4: Submit your application for financial assistance.
- You must submit the completed form, along with the required supporting documents, to a Services Québec office.