Assistance for Pregnant Minors

Complex application

Tax filing not required

The Assistance for Pregnant Minors program is available to individuals under 18 years of age who are at least 20 weeks pregnant. Through this program, you can get up to $848 per month.

To get help from the for the Assistance for Pregnant Minors program:

  • You must be 18 years of age or younger.
  • You must be at least 20 weeks pregnant.
  • You have a referral from a local community service centre (CLSC)
  • You reside in Quebec.

You must not be living:

  • With your parents.
  • With someone who has custody of you.
  • In a resource covered by the Act respecting health services and social services.
  • These include: rehabilitation centres, foster homes and foster families

Proof of birth

A document with first name, last name, and date of birth. For example:

  • Birth certificate or birth registration
  • Hospital record of birth or record of the physician/nurse/midwife who attended the birth
  • Passport
  • Record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
  • Citizenship certificate
  • Note of decision or temporary resident’s permit issued under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
  • Certificate of Indian status card
  • Provincial identity card

Proof of legal status

A document showing citizenship or immigration status in Canada. For example:

  • citizenship certificate
  • confirmation document
  • record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence;
    • permanent resident card
    • visitor record
    • temporary resident permit
    • study permit
  • positive notice of decision
  • verification of status document
  • registration date with Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
  • passport
  • foreign passport

Proof of income

For example:

Pay stubs, pension statements (Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security), rental property income, income tax returns, income tax notice of assessment, business/rental/farming income, disability or veterans affairs pension, child and spousal support payments, GST credit.

Bank Statements

A document that is sent by your bank (usually every month) that lists all of the transactions for your bank account during that month.

Step 1: Find a local community center.

Step 2: Get the local community service center tracking sheet.

Step 3: Fill out your application for financial assistance.

Step 4: Submit your application for financial assistance.

Last updated: May 20, 2021