You qualify for the Low-Rental Housing program if you have a low income and satisfy the following tenant eligibility criteria:
- You can meet your own basic needs (personal care and everyday household chores), either independently or with help from an outside resource or personal carer.
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and live in Québec.
- You lived in the landlord’s selection area for at least 12 of the 24 months preceding your application.
Some people, in exceptional circumstances, may be given priority over the waiting list. They include domestic violence victims and people whose homes have been accidentally destroyed.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
The Société d’habitation du Québec provides partial funding for the Program, in cooperation with its partners. If you would like to take advantage of the Program, please apply to a housing bureau, cooperative or non-profit organization in your region. You can find them online by using the Répertoire des organismes.