To be eligible for this supplement, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are eligible for the Family Allowance.
- You have a dependent child under 18 who has an impairment or a mental function disability that significantly limits them in the accomplishment of life habits for a period expected to last for at least one year. Visit the Eligibility requirements for the Supplement for Handicapped Children.
Proof of residency in Province
- lease agreement
- rent receipt
- household bill
- cable television
- driver's license
- vehicle registration or car insurance
- membership in social or professional organization
- bank information
- employment information
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
The application for the supplement for handicapped children has two parts:
- The Parent's part, which must be completed by one of the parents and includes an appendix concerning the child's educational achievement.
- The Professional's part, which must be completed by the professional (physician, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, etc.) who has assessed or treated your child and is most familiar with the child's condition.
The forms concerning the Supplement for Handicapped Children webpage has listed all of the forms required for your application.