To be eligible for this benefit, you must:
- Be eligible for the Family Allowance and receive a payment for the month in which the supplement is paid.
- Your child is aged 4 to 16 on September 30 of the school year for which the supplement is paid.
- You receive the Supplement for Handicapped Children for a child aged 4 to 17 on September 30 of the school year for which the supplement is paid.
To get the benefit you must have custody of the child for the month when the supplement is paid.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
You do not need to apply for this benefit if you meet the eligibility requirements.