The plan is a compulsory public insurance plan for workers age 18 and over whose annual employment income is greater than $3500.
For Quebeckers working abroad, a worker and his or her spouse may be entitled to a retirement, disability, surviving spouse's or orphan's pension paid by a foreign country. However, the following conditions must be met:
- He or she must work or have worked in a country who signed a social security agreement with Québec.
- He or she must be a resident of Québec.
A certificate of coverage for work abroad can be obtained from our Bureau des ententes de sécurité sociale (BESS).
You can apply to receive your retirement pension 1 to 3 months before the date on which you would like to receive your first payment.
You can also use the Application for a Retirement Pension form to submit your application by mail. However, you should expect longer processing time.
To apply you will need:
- To sign up for a clicSÉQUR account
- The dates of birth of your children, if applicable.
- Your file number with the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ), if you are receiving an indemnity.
- Your banking information to sign up for direct deposit.