To be eligible for Cognitive Disability Strategy (CDS) support:
- You must have a cognitive disability and an unmet need related to the cognitive disability that can be addressed by an evidence-based intervention and cannot be supported by another system.
- Your cognitive disability results in limitations and impairments that are present from an early age and long term (except in the case of an Acquired Brain Injury).
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number - Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Notice of Assessment
An statement from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to each taxpayer, every year, after you have filed a tax return. It tells you the amount of income tax you owe, or the amount of the refund you will get.
There are three ways to apply for Cognitive Disability Strategy Support:
- You will complete the application form and send to the Cognitive Disability Consultant.
- You can ask someone (currently working with the individual) to help you complete the application form (e.g. their case worker).
- If you are unable to complete the application form yourself, and you do not have a case worker, the Cognitive Disability Consultant can provide assistance.
You can access all forms and documents related to the Cognitive Disability Strategy on the Publications Centre.