Home Repair Program – Adaptation for Independence

Complex application

Need you to file taxes and apply separately

The Home Repair Program - Adapatation for Independence provides financial help to homeowners or rental property owners with low incomes to make a home more accessible for a person with a housing-related disability.

Through this program you can receive a forgivable loan of up to $23,000. A forgivable loan means you may not have to pay back all the loan if you meet certain conditions from the Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.


  • To get this support you cannot make the repairs before getting written approval from Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.
  • The homeowner is responsible for all costs greater than the approved amount.
  • Eligibility will be affected if the title to the property has liens or judgments.
  • Once approval is granted, work must be completed within six months.
  • Modifications must be identified by a qualified health practitioner.

Homeowners are eligible if:

  • You own and occupy the property as your primary residence.
  • You have a household member with a housing-related disability.
  • You have annual household income and asset levels at or below the limits established by Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.

Rental property owners are eligible if:

  • You rent the modified units to low-income households that include a person with a housing-related disability.
  • You maintain affordable rents based on Saskatchewan Housing Corporation's rent schedule for the term of the loan.
  • You have tenants with an annual household income at or below the limits established by Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.

Proof of housing situation

For example:

  • letter from landlord about your housing situation
  • eviction notice
  • disconnection notice
  • police report about an incident involving your housing
  • moving company quote or invoice
  • list of repairs needed in home
  • list of expenses for renovations needed for independence in the home
  • proof of home ownership (mortgage, property ownership)

Social Insurance Number

For example:

  • confirmation of SIN letter
  • plastic SIN card (non-expired)

Proof of income

For example:

Pay stubs, pension statements (Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security), rental property income, income tax returns, income tax notice of assessment, business/rental/farming income, disability or veterans affairs pension, child and spousal support payments, GST credit.

Steps to apply:

  1. Download the Repair and Renovation Application Form:
  2. Complete the application form.
  3. Mail or deliver the completed application and required documents to: Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
    11th Floor – 1920 Broad Street
    REGINA, SK S4P 3V6

Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays or email the form to

Last updated: July 23, 2021