To be eligible for the Personal Care Home Benefit supplement if:
- You are 65 years of age or older;
- You are a resident of Saskatchewan;
- You live in a Saskatchewan licensed personal care home;
- You receive an Old Age Security pension; and
- You have a monthly income below specified levels.
Recipients who are approved for the program do not need to re-apply every year.
However, before the beginning of the next benefit year (September), recipients will need to provide income documentation to make sure they are still eligible for the program.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
Notice of Assessment
A statement from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to each taxpayer, every year, after you have filed a tax return. It tells you the amount of income tax you owe, or the amount of the refund you will get.
You are encouraged to apply for the Personal Care Home Benefit benefits as soon as you meet the eligibility requirements.
If you are eligible, benefits will be paid as of the date the application is received by the Ministry.
- Review the Personal Care Home Benefit Application Guide
- Download the Personal Care Home Benefit Application Form
- As the applicant, you have up to 60 days to submit the following documents to the Regina Ministry of Social Services Client Service Centre:
- Signed Application Form
- Direct deposit form
- Copy of 2022 GIS Entitlement letter OR copy of 2021 Tax Return and a copy of a bank statement showing the most recent OAS/GIS deposit
- Responsible Person Consent Form (if required)
- Confirmation of Admission Form (if required)
Send completed application form and supporting documents to:
Ministry of Social Services
Client Service Centre
2405 Station Main
Regina, SK S4P 9Z9