Saskatchewan Assured Income for Disability

Complex application

Tax filing not required

The Saskatchewan Assured Income for Disability (SAID) is an income support program for people with significant and long-term disabilities.

The benefits include three main parts:

  1. The Living Income. This is monthly income that you can choose how to spend.
  2. The Disability Income. This is income to help with costs related to the impact of your disability
  3. The Exceptional Need Income. This is income for special situations (such as home care, clothing that a health professional has recommended for you, special food items, and costs for a service animal)

You may be able to get SAID if:

  • You live in Saskatchewan
  • You are 18 years of age or older.
  • You don’t have the money to meet your basic needs.
  • You have a significant and long-term disability, meaning:
    • It is permanent
    • It substantially impacts your daily living activities
    • It means you need assistance in the form of an assistive device, assistance of another person, a service animal, or other accommodation.

You will have to complete a Disability Impact Assessment to confirm that you have a significant and enduring disability.

While you are getting SAID, you can earn a certain amount from employment without it lowering your payments from SAID. This is called “earned income exemption”

As of July 1, 2019, annual (calendar year) earned income exemptions are:

  • $6,000 for single beneficiaries
  • $7,200 for couples
  • $8,500 for families

Social Insurance Number

For example:

  • confirmation of SIN letter
  • plastic SIN card (non-expired)

Statement of disability

A certificate signed by a medical practitioner, learning disability assessment, document of federal or provincial disability assistance receipt.

If you think you might be eligible for SAID, call the SAID inquiry line at: 1-888-567-SAID (7243) for more information, or visit the nearest Ministry of Social Services office.

If you have a disability and are currently getting Saskatchewan Assistance Program (SAP) or Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS) benefits, you can apply for SAID by contacting your Income Assistance Worker.

You can work with Assured Income Specialists in service centres across the province.

Assured Income Specialists provide the following services:

  • Help with filling out the application.
  • Participation planning support.
  • Referrals to other organizations that provide services.
  • Identifying other ministry programs for which the person might be eligible.

Last updated: July 23, 2021