You may be eligible if the following apply to you (and your spouse/partner, if you have one):
- You are a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status or are in Canada under the Canada Ukraine authorization for emergency travel.
- You are living in Saskatchewan.
- You are 18 years or older.
- You have no income or low income.
- You have explored every other reasonable way to support yourself, including employment, seeking child support, etc.
Any person who needs financial help can apply for income support.
Proof of housing situation
- letter from landlord about your housing situation
- eviction notice
- disconnection notice
- police report about an incident involving your housing
- moving company quote or invoice
- list of repairs needed in home
- list of expenses for renovations needed for independence in the home
- proof of home ownership (mortgage, property ownership)
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
You will need:
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and your Saskatchewan Health Services number (HSN).
- Basic information about your spouse/partner or children, including SIN and HSN.
- Details about your income, such as pay stubs.
- Documents to verify your living situation, such as a rental agreement or mortgage statement.
- A bank account in your name, including an individual or joint account.
- A completed Direct Deposit Authorization form.
- Details of money available to you, including cash, money in the bank, investments, RRSPs, stocks, bonds, GICs, etc.
- Details of items you own, such as property and vehicles.
- Details on other benefits and/or pensions you are receiving.
- Sign in to your Saskatchewan Account Login or register to create a Saskatchewan Account. You must have an active email address to apply online.
- Allow 25 minutes or more to answer all the questions and attach documents that verify your information, such as pay stubs, rental agreements, etc.
- You can access your online application 24 hours a day, save and exit at any time, and return within 15 days to complete and submit your application. After 15 days, your application will expire and you will have to reapply.
- Protect your identity: After you are finished, always remember to use the Sign Out function from your Saskatchewan account, clear history/cookies and close the browser completely.
To apply by phone, call Social Services at 1-866-221-5200 or TTY: 1-866-995-0099, or visit the nearest Social Services office from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.