The Ministry of Health determines your eligibility for this Special Support Program based on your income information provided in your application and the ministry's records.
To be eligible:
- You must be a Saskatchewan resident with a valid health card.
- You are not covered under federal government programs, such as the federal Non-Insured Health Benefits Program or Veterans Affairs.
Families who receive the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS), Seniors Income Plan (SIP) or Family Health Benefits (FHB) may also apply for this program.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
You can apply to the Special Support Program by completing the application form and providing income documentation. Choose an application form at the following links:
- Fill out Side A application form to provide your consent to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to release specific income information (Line 15000) to the Ministry of Health, Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch. No annual application required. Your coverage will be automatically renewed each year as long as you file your income tax return.
- Fill out Side B application form if you do not file income tax or would rather submit your income information. You must submit an application and income documentation every year. In the fall, you will receive a in the mail with instructions on how to renew your coverage.
- Mail, fax or email your application to the Drug Plan's Special Support Program.
- You will receive a confirmation of benefits letter when the initial application is processed.
- Special Support coverage begins on the date the Drug Plan Branch receives your completed application.
- You are encouraged to complete Side A for automatic renewal and to prevent a lapse in coverage.
Other ways to get an application form are:
- Ask your pharmacist for an application form.
- Contact the Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch toll-free at 1-800-667-7581 or in Regina at 306-787-3317 OR by email to email@example.com
Submit your completed application form to the Drug Plan at:
Special Support Program – Client Services Unit
Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch
3475 Albert Street REGINA SK S4S 6X6
The Special Support Program - Questions and Answers document has more detail on the application process.
You will receive a confirmation of benefits letter after the initial application is processed.
If your annual income or medication costs change during the coverage period, you may send a written request for a reassessment of coverage to the ministry's Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch, Special Support Program. You must include documentation of income changes.