You are eligible for the Canada-Yukon Housing Benefit if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident or refugee status.
- You are a Yukon resident for at least 3 months.
- You are renting a house in Yukon and are not receiving any other housing benefit or subsidy.
- You have an annual household income under the Affordable Household Income Limits for the size of your unit.
- You have less than $100,000 in assets.
- You have filed an annual Canadian Income Tax Return.
- You have income from one of the following sources:
- Employment Insurance.
- Short-term Workers Compensation.
- Short-term disability.
- Alimony payments.
- Training Allowance.
- Old Age Security.
- Guaranteed Income Supplement.
- Pension income.
Proof of housing situation
- letter from landlord about your housing situation
- eviction notice
- disconnection notice
- police report about an incident involving your housing
- moving company quote or invoice
- list of repairs needed in home
- list of expenses for renovations needed for independence in the home
- proof of home ownership (mortgage, property ownership)
- driver’s license
- other government-issued photo ID, such as a non-driver photo ID (Saskatchewan), British Columbia Services Card, Ontario photo card, General identification card (Nunavut), Voluntary ID (PEI), etc.
You will need to download and fill out the Canada-Yukon Housing Benefit application form.
You will also need to include the following required documents:
- One piece of government issued photo identification for all persons 19 years old and over in your household.
- One piece of government issues identification for all persons 18 years old and under in your household.
- A current Proof of Income Statement from the Canada Revenue Agency for every member of your household over 19 years old. To contact the Canada Revenue Agency call 1-866-426-1527.
- A copy of your current lease agreement.
You will then need to submit your completed application form and required documents to the Yukon Housing Corporation. You can drop your application off:
- In person at a local Yukon Housing Corporation office
- By email to email@example.com
- By fax to 867-667-3664
- By mail to
Government of Yukon
Yukon Housing Corporation
Box 2703 (Y-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
You will receive a letter letting you know your application has been received.
For more information about the Canada-Yukon Housing Benefit, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5712 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 5759.