Find Services if you have a Disability
Adult Community Services offers a range of social services to help people with disabilities.
Find services if you have a disability. Services include Adult Community Services programs, Children’s Disability Services, Care at home, Social assistance, Recreation supports, College or university funding, support for victims and offenders, Disability Services for job seekers with disabilities, Support for Women, Learning Assistance Centre, Loans for home repairs, Help for workers on the job, Help with discrimination in addition to the other resources in Yukon below:
Other resources in Yukon
- Autism Yukon, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting families and individuals living with autism spectrum disorder.
- Support for your child with autism spectrum disorder
- Child Development Centre, provides support for children.
- Find supports for your child with a disability
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Society Yukon offers “Trying Differently: A Guide for Daily Living and Working with FASD.” This is a collection of recommended strategies and interventions from parents, caregivers and professionals who live and work with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder.
- Hearing screening and supports for children
- Get help to cover your child’s prescription and eye-care costs
- Get occupational therapy or physiotherapy for your disabled child
- LDAY Centre for Learning is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing awareness of learning differences. They support children, youth and adults with learning difficulties or disabilities.
- Inclusion Yukon advocates for the supports needed to allow children and youth to experience inclusion in:
- employment; and
- the larger social context.
Last updated: April 7, 2021
opens in new window