Home Repair Program

Complex application

Tax filing required

The Home Repair Program provides funding for Yukon homeowners to repair or upgrade their principal residence.

The Home Repair Program has three streams of funding:

  • A grant for emergency repairs for your home.
    • This stream funds homeowners to fix serious, unexpected, and dangerous situations requiring immediate repairs. The emergency repair grant provides up to $10,000.
  • A grant to improve accessibility of your home.
    • This stream funds homeowners to retrofit their homes if they have mobility challenges. The accessibility grant provides up to $30,000.
  • A loan to repair your home.
    • This stream provides a loan to homeowners who need to upgrade or repair their home. The home repair loan provides up to $70,000 which can be repaid over a period of 15 years in five-year terms.

You are eligible for the Home Repair Program if:

  • You are a Yukon resident.
  • Your home needs repairs or upgrades to improve energy efficiency, overcrowding, accessibility or health and safety.
  • Your household income is less than $119,960 per year.
  • You own your own home.

It is important to note that if your repair project is completed before receiving written approval from Yukon Housing Corporation you will not qualify for the program. You can only receive 1 grant per household a year.

Notice of Assessment

A statement from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to each taxpayer, every year, after you have filed a tax return. It tells you the amount of income tax you owe, or the amount of the refund you will get.

Record of Employment

This is an official form, filled out by your employer, that says how long you worked and how much you earned when you worked for that employer. When you leave your job for whatever reason, your employer must give you a Record of Employment within 5 days after your last day of employment.

Proof of  residency in Province

For example:

  • lease agreement
  • rent receipt
  • household bill
    • gas
    • electricity
    • cable television
    • telephone
  • driver's license
  • vehicle registration or car insurance
  • membership in social or professional organization
  • Other:
    • bank information
    • employment information

You will need to complete a home repair program application to apply for the Home Repair Program.

You will then need to complete a verification of employment form. If you are retired, you will need to submit your most recent Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada.

Once these forms are completed, you can submit both of them by email to ykhouse@yukon.ca or in person at 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon.

If you have any questions about applying to the Home Repair Program, email ykhouse@yukon.ca or phone 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon at 1-800-661-0408 extension 5759.

Last updated: March 21, 2023