The be eligible, you must meet these following criteria:
- you must be enrolled in the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan;
- your gross income must be $60,000 or less for individuals and $90,000 or less for individuals with two children. The threshold increases with family size; and
- you must not be eligible for dental coverage under any other program, plan, or insurance group.
Your children’s eligibility for the Yukon Dental Program will be based on your eligibility. Please note that, if your child is eligible for the Children’s Dental Program, they will not be eligible for the Yukon Dental Program.
What does the program cover for you?
The Yukon Dental Program provides you services to:
- prevent disease;
- help you fix pain and infection; and
- restore your chewing and social function.
It covers dental your services such as:
- dental exams;
- getting teeth pulled; and
- in some cases dentures.
What benefits can you receive?
- If you're eligible for the Pharmacare and Extended Health Care Benefits program, you could receive up to $600 each year. Use up your Yukon Dental Program benefits first.
- If you have no other dental coverage or benefits, you could receive $1,300 each year.
- If you're enrolled in the Yukon Dental Program, you should not pay anything at the dentist unless you're over your annual limit.
You can apply online: Apply online
By mail: You can print and mail the application to:
Government of Yukon
Yukon Dental Program (H–2)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
You will need to:
- Include any dependents in your household. Your household size affects your income assessment.
- Attach a Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency or a letter confirming you received social assistance last year for the entire year and reported no employment earnings.
- Coverage ends on June 30 each year. You will need to reapply each year.