To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Study at a designated institution anywhere in the world;
- Be a full-time student;
- Meet 1 of the following requirements:
- Completed 2 years of secondary school in Yukon,
- If you are younger than 20, have resided in Yukon continuously since the age of 14; or
- In any other case, live in Yukon from the age of 14 to the age of 18.
- Not be eligible for funding from another province, territory or country;
- This may happen if you, a parent or other supporting person resided outside of Yukon for 12 months or longer,
- If you are not sure, check with their office.
- have lived in Yukon for the 2 years right before your classes start. Generally, you are a Yukon resident if:
Please note: You cannot receive both the Yukon Grant and the Student Training Allowance at the same time. You have to choose the funding that suits you best.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
To apply, you can submit an Online Application or a Paper Application.
To learn more about the application process, visit this How to apply to the Yukon Grant.
Processing an application can take up to 8 weeks. You will receive a confirmation letter in the mail.