To get the Island Advantage – Needs-Based Bursary, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You are a student who meets PEI residency requirements as stated in the provincial student loan criteria;
- You are a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident as defined by subsection 2(1) of the federal Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or a protected person within the meaning of subsection 95(2) with a valid Social Insurance Number;
- You are enrolled in a full-time, post secondary education at either UPEI, Holland College, Maritime Christian College, or Collège de l'Île, leading to an undergraduate degree, certificate, or diploma:
- Your total family income for the previous calendar year ( January 1- December 31) must be less than the income cut-off amount listed in the table on the Island Advantage – Needs-Based Bursary webpage. This amount depends on how big your family is.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)